Re: directoryindexing or what?

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Georgi Georgiev <georgi.int@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I have slackware 13.37 web server, but when I open from browser
> wordpress for example list the php file instead loading the site. I have in
> httpd.conf (tryed different variants)
> <Directory />
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>     AllowOverride Indexes
>     #Order deny,allow
>     #Deny from all
> allow from all
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
> </Directory>
> <IfModule mod_dir>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
> </IfModule>
>  tryed and with htaccess, but no effect. Uncomented the line in httpd.conf
> for mod_php, but again the same. Where is the problem - missing module,
> error in the cod or? If recompile php?

In addition to what Mark has said, your <IfModule> line is incorrect.
You can either use the module file name, or you can use the module
identifier.

For the directory module, the file name is 'mod_dir.c' and the module
identifier is 'dir_module', neither of which match 'mod_dir', so that
directive is never applied.

Secondly, do you ever intend to run the server without mod_dir? Is it
ever correct to start the server without mod_dir making index.php a
directory index? If it is not, the <IfModule> is redundant and will in
fact hide this error if mod_dir is not enabled for some reason.

Cheers

Tom