Re: Modification Of Apache Login Prompt

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Amol Puglia <amolcpuglia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need help in modifying the apache login prompt.
Apache does not have a login prompt.
Apache sends a WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Secure Area" header in the response and it is the browsers responsibility to supply credentials.
It does not need to display a login prompt at all.

I would like to modify in such a way that if i click on cancel button it should not give me ERror 401 page.

Instead it should pop up some type of meesage. And also if incorrect username/paasowrd is used it should give message "Unauthorised User".
You can change the default 401 error page, but you can not set a different one depending on whether the user clicked cancel or go the password wrong.
You can use the ErrorDocument directive to change where Apache looks for the error page or you can modify the default one (not recommended). The location varies by distribution, but the source is here so you know what to look for. On Windows it is in Apache _Install_Directory\error\.

kindly guide me to achieve this enhancement.
Use some authentication framework in your language of choice.