Re: wbsite takes time to load

On October 13, 2011 5:54 , "Amira Othman" <a.othman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using httpd-2.2.3-53.el5.vm on CentOS 5.6. i am new to apache .today when I tried to access my website I found that it takes too long time to load .i don’t know where to start investigating. As there is nothing wrong with log file. Any help for me??

Does your website take too long to load because your web server is slow, or because the page is inefficiently rendered by the web browser? Or because of both reasons?

Add %D to your LogFormat or CustomLog directive to get an idea of how long each request takes to serve. Make sure each individual request is completed quickly. The biggest single source of slowness is usually active content (for example, poorly written PHP), but see https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.html for a list of ways you can improve serving static content.

If each individual request is being completed quickly by the web server, then the problem is probably that the content of your pages is being rendered slowly by web browsers. Use tools such as Yahoo YSlow ( http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/help/ ), Google Page Speed ( https://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/ ), and the Timeline tool in Safari's Web Inspector in order to find out how your web browser is spending its time.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx