Re: Single Value Authentication Module

Quoting "J.Lance Wilkinson" <jlw12@xxxxxxx>:

> I'm looking for a VERY SIMPLE single value authentication module (like BASIC
> Authentication, but only a USER ID, no prompt for PASSWORD) for Apache 2.2.x.
>  User IDs that will be used are going to be long numeric transaction ids
> provided by an external e-commerce site.

You'll probably find it much simpler to use the standard basic auth mechanism, use your transaction id for the login and pass in a dummy password.

You could also play with the Require directive.

Although I've never tried it, and it seems like a really bad idea, it will supposedly accept a Boolean _expression_, so you could try "Require true" or something similar.

In any case, if your transaction IDs can be predicted or brute-forced, this all sounds like a really bad idea.

Terry