Re: RewriteRule question

RewriteRule /example/ http://example.com [P,L]

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Denys <dhryvastov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello -

I need to create some kind of proxy using Apache Server.

I tried to use something like
ProxyPass /test1/test2/ http://example.com but had no success because
ProxyPass require "/" suffix after the second URL. In my case adding "/" is
not working because my URL ends with example.dll and now example.dll part is
meant as a directory instead of a file example.dll inside test directory (my
IIS server thinks so).

After that I tried to use RewriteRule. For example:
RewriteRule /example/ http://example.com. This time redirection is working
perfectly - I see the desired page, but the URL is completely changed to the
new one and I want end users to see the first part of the URL unchanged (the
part with the server name and port). E.g. if user enters like
_http://server1:port1/example/ I would like him to see something like
_http://server1:port1/example/... after redirection.

Are there any ability to achieve this?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.