Re: number of connection on Windows Apache

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 16:51, <go1010@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I am using Apache 2.2.17 on Windows Server. To experiment with the
limit of number of simultaneous connection, I used the directive
ThreadsPerChild set the number to 1. So I am only supposed to be able to
have one connection at a time. But I am surprised to see I can use two
curl clients to download files at the same time. I wonder how to explain
this.

You should use MaxClients run-time argument and not worry about ThreadsPerChild configuration option for what you are trying to accomplish (1 simultaneous connection). MaxClients is a run-time argument that sets the limit on maximum simultaneous requests that can be supported by the server.

If there are more concurrent connections to your Apache daemon than the number set using MaxClients, the requests will be queued up to a number based on ListenBacklog directive.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Craig