Re: Tomcat + Apache + Redmine + Subversion + SSL Certificates - please help the newbie

On July 20, 2011 21:54 , "Alan MacKinven" <alanimal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The sites published by Tomcat are using an SSL issued to our domain via Godaddy.com and are working fine.

I was recently asked to install Redmine with SVN repositories – so I have installed Apache + openSSL MSI, Ruby Rails, Redmine, and Subversion – all the required software components.

As it stands right now, it all works a treat – Redmine is being published no problem – insecurely.

What I am trying to do now and need some assistance, is how do I publish my Apache application (Redmine) using the certificate that is issued?

The Tomcat application is being published to : https://www.demo.com/Admin
The Apache application is being published to: http://www.demo.com/redmine
The ssl is issued to www.demo.com

You should have two VirtualHost contexts in your Apache HTTP Server configuration file(s), one for HTTP on port 80 and one for HTTPS on port 443.  Both will be for www.demo.com.

Identify all of the Apache directives you added in order to get Redmine working through the HTTP virtual host.  Remove all of these directives from the HTTP virtual host context and add them to the HTTPS virtual host context.  The Redmine installation/configuration documentation should be useful in figuring out what directives to move.

Hopefully that will do the trick.
--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx