Re: Timeout settings in Apache 2.2.19 web server

On July 19, 2011 13:23 , "Varma,  William  [CMPA]" <WVarma@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please advise the correct location where I should be changing the Apache HTTP web server timeout setting?

You should change this in the web server's configuration file. You can find out what file this is on your system by running the command "httpd -V" and examining the value of the SERVER_CONFIG_FILE setting. When you do this, make sure you invoke the copy of httpd that you have installed rather than a copy that shipped with your operating system or that was installed by someone else.

I want to change the web server timeout settings. After doing some research, I figured that there are two areas where this setting is configured:
/u00/apache/conf/original/extra/httpd-default.conf
/u00/apache/conf/extra/httpd-default.conf

While one of these could be the file that httpd actually reads, the naming of the files ("original", "default") suggest that these files may be there for reference purposes only.

According to the docs in this link:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#timeout
the timeout setting is also set at the following file. However upon opening the file, it is warned not to make any manual changes:
/u00/apache/manual/mod/core.html.en

I looked at the link above but it does not refer to any files that I can see. Also, note that core.html.en is a documentation file, not a configuration file, and so certainly is not the correct file to modify.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx