Re: Re: phishing problem

Am 12.07.2011 21:40, schrieb Frank Bonnet:
I think effectivelly users's requests have been redirected
to the hacked servers ...

Checked the access logs? If it's another server issuing the requests
you could notice by the the request IP addresses. Otherwise, use
only a HTTPS login - don't offer HTTP. Also - your application
should send a random validation token with the login form, which
the user agent has to send back on submit (via POST data).
Also, check the referer header. I think you could use mod_security
for that.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSRF for more details.

Users might also be subject to a XSS attack or social engineering.
Use the latest versions of the software, ask their forums/list and check
the net for CSRF and XSS vulnerabilities.

Delve into the details of this attacks to get a better understanding
on how this attacks might have happend and what countermeasures you
can establish.

You could set HTTP Strict Transport Security Headers - e.g.
via mod_headers to defend against embedding via (i)frames.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Edgar

I wonder how they do that because users access directly to
those servers ... they do not click in a fake email or anything
like that , those servers are well known of our users ,
the extranet and one webmail

hacked router ? hacked DNS ? Does it comes from INSIDE ?

Our main routers seems OK and I have cautiously checked
our primary DNS

Gosh ... HOW ???