Re: apache2 or mod_perl2 oddball error (RESOLVED)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:28:40 -0400
William Bulley articulated:

> As I had expected, reverting my system to Perl 5.12.3 made all the odd
> behaviour of apache2 and/or mod_perl2 disappear.  After the upgrade,
> the apache2 server launched as expected and the application in
> question ran as before.  The versions of apache2 and mod_perl2 were
> the same as before (or after).  The major change was the down-grade
> from Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.12.3 which seems to have confirmed my
> suspicions.  Sorry for all the confusion, however there is something
> strange about Perl 5.14.

On a FreeBSD-8.2/amd64 system, after updating Perl, I had to rebuild
everything that depended on Perl, including it modules. After that, all
worked well.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny@xxxxxxxxxxx