----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "PongráczI" <pongraczi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Címzett: "aoetools-discuss lists.sourceforge.net" <aoetools-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dátum: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:39:18 +0100

Dear All,

I use AoE with ZFS in various configuration.

I really like AoE as it is very simple to deploy and working well with ZFS (ZoL).

The only thing, what I cannot answer (after checking the list archive without too much success), is there any solution, how to detect and resend corrupted data over the network?

For example, even if I use zfs on the initiator machine to protect data, it could be corrupted when transferred trough the ethernet and saved the corrupted data. When I will read back, I can detect the corrupted data, but not able to fix it (as zfs do normally when there are enough valid replication of the data).

In contrast, iscsi has this feature and lot of people use iscsi because it provides protection against such an error.

So, my question is are there any solution how to detect/fix these kind of errors?

Sorry, if this question already answered somewhere, in this case please let me know the link :)

Thank you!

István