Re: AoE Target implementaion for LIO?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 02:45:06AM PDT, Lars Täuber spake thusly:
> I wonder if an AoE target in kernel space has some benefits speedwise.

Probably not. I've done a lot of AoE and never once have I seen CPU being the
bottleneck. It is always disk first then network. I wouldn't want to
potentially destabilize my kernel when it could be contained in userspace.

> I'm using ggaoed quite a while. But it seems not to be developed further.

All of the AoE stuff seems to be pretty dead these days. iSCSI has eaten AoE's
lunch. I've given up on AoE (very sadly, since I have invested so much time
into it over the last 5 years) and have been migrating all of my stuff to
openiscsi.

--
Tracy Reed