Re: AMDGPU crash - request for assistance triaging / reporting

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 01:33:02PM +0000, Deucher, Alexander wrote:
> Please file a bug here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues

OK, here it is:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2718

> I believe the Z16 was certified on ubuntu, so you should have a good
> experience with the latest ubuntu LTS with the OEM kernel package.

I tried everything stock first, and that causes the crash more than the newer
kernel, with more serious memory ring corruption sorts of errors.

The messages from the newer kernels are tamer and less frequent, but still
present.

> One issue we've run into is with the PSR TCON controller on some
> models. Disabling PSR in the driver can work around that.

I see some directions about disabling the PSR using some sysfs controls. Is
there a more reliable way of disabling it with a boot flag or something that's
more... guaranteed to intercept it and shut it off before any display managers
launch? Here is what I am currently seeing, let me know what else I can dump
out...

# find /sys/kernel/debug | fgrep -i psr | sort
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_capability
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_residency
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_state

# head -1000 /sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_*
==> /sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_capability <==
Sink support: yes [0x01]
Driver support: yes

==> /sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_residency <==
0

==> /sys/kernel/debug/dri/1/eDP-1/psr_state <==
0

> A newer kernel also fixes the issue.

How new? Or what branch or sub-branch? I have compiled plenty of them back
when Linux used to need it more often in the 90s. So I will gladly run
whatever you want and get logs or whatever.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,
Matthew.