Re: drm/amd/display: disable display DCC with retiling due to worse power consumption

I thought the same thing initially, but then realized that's not how modifiers were designed to work.

Mesa should expose all modifiers it wants to allow for 3D and it doesn't care which ones are displayable.

The kernel should expose all modifiers it wants to allow for display.

With that, Mesa can still use theoretically displayable DCC, but it will only be used for anything that's not the display.

We can, of course, disable it in Mesa instead to get the same effect.

We would need perf numbers for dGPUs to be able to tell whether it's beneficial with the cost of DCC retiling.

Marek