[INNOVATION] AMD nvme (pcie 4.0)

Hi,

I have read on the internet that asrock launched a nvme pcie gpu.

On Linux distros we dont have support to graphics 3D and stream processors (opencl) simultaneously like windows 10/11.

My notebook have two nvme slots.

So, why not a amd's dedicated nvme vram (video ram) devices?

It would represent a high improvement to VR (virtual reality), AR (augmented reality), deep learning, machine learning, IA (artificial inteligence [constraints]), stereo 3D, real time and more realistic gaming 8k/16k/+k, etc

With this we can even implement tickless gpu/graphics/apis/drivers/kernel.

Valve's source 2 engine now have this feature (tickless [sub-ticks]). That's wonderfull!

What about tickless X11(xorg)/Wayland and all Linux graphics stack. No more render delays nor input lag ;)

A amd's dedicated nvme ( pcie 4.0 x8 or x16 ) nvram :D

APU + dGPU with an optional dedicated nvme (nvram) for both (opencl rules)

What about opencl thundercache, turbo opencl or opencl boost? Why not all of this mixed stages on-demand?

We dont have yet a known way to "overclock" opencl by gpu exclusively. Maybe AMD software's can do the job. Less or no race condition anymore.

Intel has dedicated desktop gpus, its oficial, but i dont know intel's roadmap for mobile. AMD has the oportunity to make notebooks powerful like workstations and desktops.

Dont forget this "new" device run coldest as possible. Heat sink, thermal pads, etc.

Valve's steam deck have made progress about that.

Apple has a macbook air with no active cooler system.

Think about it ...

Thank you!

Luiz