Re: [RFC v2 0/6] drm/amd/display: Pass proper parent for DM backlight device v2

Hi all,

On 3/8/23 23:10, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3/8/23 22:58, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Here is version 2 of my patch series to pass the proper parent device
>> to backlight_device_register().
>>
>> New in version 2 is delaying the registering of the backlight_dev till
>> after the drm_connector is registered by doing it from
>> drm_connector_funcs.late_register.
>>
>> This involves first reworking the code a bit to allow delaying
>> the registering, so this has turned from a single patch into
>> a 6 patch set.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hans
>
> p.s.
>
> Like last time this series is marked as RFC because I don't have hw
> to test the fix myself. The previous version was tested by 2 reporters
> of: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/-/issues/730
>
> I hope to get test results from them for this new version soon.

I just heard back from one of the reporters that this fixes gnome-settings-daemon
picking the wrong backlight device on a hybrid gfx laptop where both GPU-s
register a native backlight control.

So this series no longer is RFC, but is ready for merging (from my pov) now.

Regards,

Hans