Re: Minimal kernel version for 7900XT

6.0 should be enough:

The firmware files is maybe the most complicated part right now...

//Ernst

Den mån 23 jan. 2023 kl 11:11 skrev Goran Mekić <meka@tilda.center>:
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what's the minimal kernel version that supports
the 7900XT. I found that the driver supports SLES 15:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900xt

I also found that SLES 15 SP 4 runs on 5.14:
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019587#SLE15SP4

The problem I have is that I can't find PCI ID (for my card it's 744c)
in the list:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c#L1654

Can you help me understand how this card works with Linux without PCI ID
anywhere mentioned in the code, please? Thank you!

Regards,
meka