VEGA 20 (Aka Vega12)

I have a macbook pro with vega 20 which uses the amdgpu firmware vega12 and when i boot any distro the graphics glitch and the computer freezes. If i install amdgpu pro on ubuntu it works flawlessly. Would you guys help me debug this and fix for upstream?

Please, let me know which kind of logs and information I can attach in order to start debugging this issue. I’ll be more than happy to be part of it!

Brief summary of the problem:

I have a macbook pro with vega 20 which uses the amdgpu firmware vega12 and when i boot any distro the graphics glitch and the computer freezes. If i install amdgpu pro on ubuntu it works flawlessly. Would you guys help me debug this and fix for upstream?

Please, let me know which kind of logs and information I can attach in order to start debugging this issue. I’ll be more than happy to be part of it!

Hardware description:

  • CPU: 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • GPU: Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Radeon Pro Vega 20:

Chipset Model: Radeon Pro Vega 20 Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x8 VRAM (Total): 4 GB Vendor: AMD (0x1002) Device ID: 0x69af Revision ID: 0x00c0 ROM Revision: 113-D2060I-087 VBIOS Version: 113-D20601MA0T-016 Option ROM Version: 113-D20601MA0T-016 EFI Driver Version: 01.01.087 Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported gMux Version: 5.0.0

  • System Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

  • Display(s): Color LCD: Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes Connection Type: Internal

  • Type of Diplay Connection: Internal

System information:

  • Distro name and Version: Any distro
  • Kernel version: Any kernel up to 5.12
  • Custom kernel:
  • AMD package version: No package

How to reproduce the issue:

Boot into any distro and the screen glitch and the computer freezes Sometimes it takes like 5 or 6 seconds before it glitch and freeze.

Attached files:

Please, let me know how can I get useful logs, sometimes I`m able to open another tty and run some commands.