Re: [BUG] VAAPI encoder cause kernel panic if encoded video in 4K

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 03:22, Leo Liu <leo.liu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is decode command line, are you seeing issue with encode or
> decode?

I was means that described above the kernel panic happens only when
OBS record or stream video with VAAPI encoder.
Grabbing and encoding video with ffmpeg (given command example) is
free from this issue, but result video encoded with ffmpeg not played
properly. And I believe that this is not a bug of ffmpeg itself,
because with CPU encoder (libx264), the resulting video is played
properly.

> you also said `ffmpeg -f x11grab -framerate 60 -video_size
> 3840x2160 -i :0.0 -vf 'format=nv12,hwupload' -vaapi_device
> /dev/dri/renderD128 -vcodec h264_vaapi output3.mp4` doesn't cause such
> issue, right?

This command does not cause described kernel panic, but the resulting
video looks like 0.01 FPS.

> Yes.

I filled bugreport about VAAPI encoder in ffmpeg here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1570

We can continue there.

--
Best Regards,