Re: [amdgpu] Is it possible to disable page tables and use the physical address directly in amdgpu

The page tables can be enabled/disabled on a per VMID basis, but memory management in the core kernel works with pages.

So you need a relocation table just because of this. Additional to that the TLB is more than big enough, so there isn't much performance gain if you use huge pages.

Please note that the VM subsystem also supports giant pages, so if your application manages to allocate things in chunks of at least 1GB you only get a single page table entry for that.

Regards,
Christian.