Re: Adaptive Sync enabling in Xorg Modesetting driver

Thanks for the input simon. Sway Compositor is based on the wayland protocol right !!

But we are trying to do it through Xorg modesetting driver..

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM Simon Ser <contact@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday, May 25, 2020 5:15 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 07:01:21PM +0530, uday kiran pichika wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Am working on enabling the Adaptive sync feature as part of the
> > Xorg/Modesetting DDX driver by taking the reference of AMD DDX Driver
> > (xf86-video-amdgpu). Below is the commit which i submitted.
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pichika/xserver/-/commit/682565a645bda7371cc3731ee805cc4a0ace80db
> > I have made the below changes to enable this feature
> >
> > 1.  Enable Adaptive sync in Graphics Driver
> > 2.  Added Xorg.conf file with VariableRefresh property which is read in the
> >     Modesetting driver --> This is working fine.
> >

> -modesetting, even in latest git master branch doesn't have VRR support.
>
> So yeah this wont work.

FWIW, Sway supports VRR (via the output adaptive_sync command). So it
would be a way to test your driver.