Re: drm/amdgpu: invalidate L2 before SDMA IBs (on gfx10)

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

Please split the patch into two, one to update the emit IB sequence, and one to bump the minor version.  That way we can make sure older kernels get the new sequence.  Also do we need an sdma fw version check for the new packet in the emi IB function?

Alex

From: amd-gfx <amd-gfx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Christian König <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 4:52 AM
To: Marek Olšák <maraeo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: drm/amdgpu: invalidate L2 before SDMA IBs (on gfx10)

Thought so, we should try to get this get it committed ASAP. And maybe add a CC: stable tag as well.

Patch is Reviewed-by: Christian König <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx>.

Thanks,
Christian.

Am 26.04.20 um 02:28 schrieb Marek Olšák:
Not without a mandatory firmware update. The gcr packet support for IBs was added into the sdma firmware just two weeks ago.

Marek