rocm 2.10: clinfo generates segfault in /opt/rocm/hsa/lib/libhsa-ext-image64.so.1:amd::GpuAgent::GetInfo()

Geetings amd-gfx!

I beg your forgiveness in advance if you feel spammed a bit by me emailing amd-gfx after submitting 2 issues.

My issues have been entered as ROC 961 and 962.

By no means do i expect that any of you would have read those yet (or at all 🙂 )

 I wanted to reach out directly to you folks because based on the checkin mails i have been reading it seems pretty obvious that you all deal with this everyday.

I am working on standing up ROCm on an UDOO Bolt V8. This is a Raven Ridge board running ubuntu 18.04.3.
It's a Raven Ridge board so its a supported iGPU.

I followed the instructions and add the repo to my sources and install rocm via apt get.

I get a segfault in the early stages of running clinfo  ISSUE #962

I dont get line numbers in the stack trace because the binaries are stripped ISSUE #961

So how does one change something installed via apt get to build debug instead of release?

I am pretty sure something is trying to read a NULL inside of  amd::GpuAgent::GetInfo() but i dont know where.

i didnt find a existing issue with this repro case, perhaps I didnt look in the right place.

Kindly let me know if one already exists.

Also, please let me know if there is already a fix in the tree that has yet to be checked into a viewable branch.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can provide!

John Utz
Pensar Development

John L. Utz III   |   Pensar Development   | 206.747.5497

This email message may contain confidential and proprietary information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.
EXPORT OR RE-EXPORT OF INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF U.S. EXPORT LAWS AND REGULATIONS, AND MAY REQUIRE ADVANCE AUTHORIZATION FROM THE U.S. GOVERNMENT. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.