Re: [Error] amdgpu for powerpc64 on kernel version 4.19.26

25 Kas 2019 Pzt 17:44 tarihinde Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx> şunu yazdı:
On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 8:55 AM Yusuf Altıparmak
<yusufalti1997@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use AMD E9171 with T1042D4RDB-64B(https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture/qoriq-communication-processors/t-series/qoriq-t1042-and-t1022-multicore-communications-processors:T1042).
> Software documentation is here (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf).
>

> I tried to compile 'amdgpu' in linux kernel.
>
> I successfully compiled linux kernel for powerpc e5500 architecture. I enabled amdgpu and its prerequisites in menuconfig. All drivers compiled successfully.
>
> But when I try to install 'amdgpu.ko' module, it's not initializing gpu hardware. Console messages from 'dmesg' and U-boot is below. Hardware is connected to board via PCI and connected to monitor via HDMI-DVI converter. I am using HDMI port on monitor.
>
> Any suggestion/solutions for this situation?

The driver needs access to the PCI BARs for the device to initialize
it.  It looks like they are not getting allocated.  Maybe your
platform has limited MMIO space?  You need to fix that first.

Alex