Re: [RFC] AMD polaris MEM_AP_SIZE location (PCI BAR aperture size)

Hi Petr,

well that is indeed a rather unusual use case.

I'm not 100% sure how you actually hacked the HD4550 to do what you want to do, cause this ASIC generation shouldn't support this.

For a Polaris you can just use the PCIe resizeable BAR extension. For how to use it see the pci_resize_resource() function in the linux kernel.

Please be aware that we usually use the function to increase the BAR size to allow the CPU to access more of the on board memory, so making it smaller might actually not be tested at all.

Regards,
Christian.