Hard lockups with ROCM

Hi all. I had version 2.2.0 of the ROCM stack running on a 5.0.x and 5.1.0 kernel. Things were going great with various boinc GPU tasks. But there is a setiathome GPU task which reliably gives me a hard lockup within about 30 minutes of running. I actually had to do *two* emergency re-installs over the past week. Perhaps part of this was my fault ( running btrfs with lzo compression on my root partition ... ). But absolutely part of this was the hard lockups. I've tested all kinds of other things ( eg rebuilding lots of stuff under Gentoo ) ... I don't have a general stability issue even under hours of high load. But after restarting boinc with that same setiathome task ... <bang>!

If someone wants me to sacrifice another installation, they can point me to instructions for trying to gather more information.

Anyway ... perhaps more work around detecting and recovering from GPU lockups is in order?

Dan