Re: How to dump gfx and waves after GPU reset happened?

Am 06.05.19 um 14:20 schrieb Mikhail Gavrilov:
> [CAUTION: External Email]
>
> On Sun, 5 May 2019 at 15:18, Christian König
> <ckoenig.leichtzumerken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yeah, but for most end users we need to get the GPU working as fast as
>> possible on a lockup.
>>
>> Saving all the state (which actually can be a couple of gigabytes if you
>> include all textures etc..) is not really an option then.
>>
>> What we could probably do rather easily is to add a function to run a
>> script instead of a GPU reset on lockup detection.
>>
> This would be useful if this script would run not instead GPU reset
> and before GPU reset.

That won't work. The kernel can't wait for spawned processes to finish
because it is holding locks.

The script could as last operation trigger a manual reset, but that
would not be the same as a timeout reset because you don't know the
cause of it and would always need to do a full engine reset.

Sorry, but what you are suggesting here (collect data and then reset) is
not easily doable.

Christian.