Ryzen 1600X with mem_encrypt=on

Am 26.04.2018 um 08:45 schrieb Sami Farin:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 16:59:43 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Sami Farin <hvtaifwkbgefbaei at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is it supposed to work?  Now if I use that option, monitor powers off
>>> (no signal) when it's initializing amdgpu and I have to reset the computer.
>>> Instead of crashing, could it not just give an error or something?
>> Do you have the IOMMU enabled?  I'm guessing there is some issue in
>> the IOMMU code or in TTM causing the C bit (bit 47) to get dropped
>> somewhere.  Your GPU only supports a 40 bit DMA mask, so either IOMMU
>> or bounce buffers would be required to remap the address into a range
>> the GPU could access.
>>
>> Alex
> I have IOMMU.

Mhm, from those logs at least in theory it should work fine.

There really isn't any other error message and the system isn't
accessible using SSH over the network?

I would guess that we get at least some kind of error message or failure
to start the driver, but a complete crash is rather unexpected.

Regards,
Christian.