[AMDGPU][DC] Bonaire - Unable to enable DC on Mobile CIK - Invalid Connector ObjectID

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:48 AM, Shawn Starr <shawn.starr at rogers.com> wrote:
> When trying an early 4.17-rc0 RPM from Fedora,
>
> I get:
>
> [    2.794243] [drm:construct [amdgpu]] *ERROR* construct: Invalid Connector
> ObjectID from Adapter Service for connector index:1! type 0 expected 3
>
> We've had issues with connector types on this laptop before and found some
> workarounds, looks like those got lost with the DC code.
>
> my boot options: radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1
> drm_kms_helper.poll=0 amdgpu.dc=1
>
> What information would you like me to provide?

Other than the error message is there an actual problem?  Please file
a bug and include your dmesg output (with amdgpu.dc_log=1) and xorg
log (if using X) and describe what display connectors are expected.
Also, if this is a hybrid laptop with multiple GPUs what mode is it in
and is there a difference if switch to a different mode (e.g., hybrid
vs dGPU only).

Alex