atomic debugfs files not created

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Drew Davenport <ddavenport at google.com> wrote:
> I was doing some debugging and found that /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/state
> doesn't get created for amdgpu. After a bit of digging around I found that
> the DRIVER_ATOMIC feature flag gets set in dm_early_init in amdgpu_dm.c,
> which is run after drm_debugfs_init where the atomic debugfs files would
> have been created.
>
> I tried moving DRIVER_ATOMIC to the rest of the kms_driver.driver_feature
> flags in amdgpu_drv.c, and this allowed the debugfs to get created as
> expected. Nothing seemed terribly broken, but I didn't test thoroughly.
>
> Is there any reason not to move DRIVER_ATOMIC to the rest of the feature
> flags? Thanks.

It's only available with the new dc modsetting code which doesn't
support all asics so you'd need to selectively enable it depending on
the asic.  You'll only want to enable it if
amdgpu_device_asic_has_dc_support() returns true.  I think I had a
patch to do that at one point, but I don't know what I did with it.

Alex