Re: [RFC 0/4] DRM scheduler fixes, or not, or incorrect kind

Hi,

On Fri, 2024-09-06 at 19:06 +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
> From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> In a recent conversation with Christian there was a thought that
> drm_sched_entity_modify_sched() should start using the entity-
> >rq_lock to be
> safe against job submission and simultaneous priority changes.

There are also FIXMEs in gpu_scheduler.h that might be related.

> The kerneldoc accompanying that function however is a bit unclear to
> me. For
> instance is amdgpu simply doing it wrongly by not serializing the two
> in the
> driver? Or is the comment referring to some other race condition than
> which is
> of concern in this series?
>
> To cut the long story short, first three patches try to fix this race
> in three
> places I *think* can manifest in different ways.
>
> Last patch is a trivial optimisation I spotted can be easily done.

I took a look and at least to me it doesn't appear to be that trivial,
mostly because it takes two locks.

Would you mind branching that out as a separate patch so that the
series would 100% address bugs?

P.