Request for Information on the current drm radeon Atomic Mode Settings

Hi all,

with Android 14 QPR2 there were substantial changes in graphic stack's Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer),
essentially it became mandatory that hwcomposer HAL module supports AIDL Android Interface Definition Language,

at the moment drm_hwcomposer does not support AIDL [1]

Project Celadon has an HWC3 AIDL implemented [2], as a patch on top of hardware/interface AOSP project, there is an opportunity to use it also for non Intel GPUs.

drm amdpu in kernel already supports ADF Atomic Display Framework, I would like to ask the current status of Atomic Display Framework in drm radeon, because Atomic Mode Settings seems partially implemented since 2010-2012, but ADF capabilities are not exposed to user space.

Please, I also need some basic (high level) information about the outstanding changes that would be required to support it, in order to be able to use HWC3 -> drm_hwcomposer with r600, r300 chipsets.

Thanks for your informations

Mauro
android-x86 team/Bliss-OS community

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm-hwcomposer/drm-hwcomposer/-/issues/80