Re: Have WX 3200 Radeon graphics card -- cannot get X11 session to work

According to "Deucher, Alexander" <Alexander.Deucher@xxxxxxx> on Fri, 01/26/24 at 16:28:

> [AMD Official Use Only - General]
>
> Make sure you have OS mouse and keyboard drivers loaded and configured within your X config?

Can you be more specific about this?  I have tried (and failed) to bring up a working
x11 session that doesn't have my mouse pointer frozen two different ways.

1) I removed both my keyboard.conf and trackball.conf files from my xorg.conf.d directory.

After rebooting and issuing a startx command, same thing: beautiful x11 screen but frozen mouse.

2) I replaced both keyboard.conf and trackball.conf into my xorg.conf.d directory.

unix% cat keyboard.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier      "KeyboardDefaults"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
EndSection

unix% cat trackball.conf
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"      "auto"
#       Option          "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

I also tried variant of the keyboard.conf file using the Identifier "Keyboard0" and
again using a Section name "InputDevice" instead of "InputClass", still no change.

After rebooting and issuing a startx command, same thing: beautiful x11 screen but frozen mouse.

[    58.131] (II) config/udev: Adding input device System keyboard multiplexer (/dev/input/event0)
[    58.131] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    58.131] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    58.131] (II) config/udev: Adding input device System mouse (/dev/input/event1)
[    58.131] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    58.131] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.

How am I supposed to specify an input driver for keyboard and mouse if not by
the use of those two files (or similar) in my xorg.conf.d directory?

--
William Bulley
E-MAIL: web@xxxxxxxxx