Additional resolutions for virtual display

Hello,

I am using the amdgpu virtual_display feature for display streaming from a headless machine. However, I need resolutions other than the ones available by default. I found that I can add one mode via the video=Virtual-1:… kernel boot option. However, I would like to switch between multiple non-default modes.

Is there a way to add more than one non-default mode to the virtual display? My current workaround is to patch my resolutions to amdgpu_vkms.c, but I wonder if there is an easier way.

The resolutions I need are 2x HiDPI versions of ones already available, namely 2880x1800 and 5120x2880.

Michael