DCE wait for idle

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 7:53 AM, StDenis, Tom <Tom.StDenis at amd.com> wrote:
> In these functions
>

> static bool dce_v11_0_is_idle(void *handle)
> {
> return true;
> }
>
> static int dce_v11_0_wait_for_idle(void *handle)
> {
> return 0;
> }
>
> Shouldn't they wait on the GUI bit of the GRBM_STATUS register?

There is no DCE state in the SRBM_STATUS registers.  GRBM_STATUS is
only the 3d/compute engine.  The GUI bit just means something in the
3d/compute block is busy.  It's not DCE status.  There are a lot of
components in the DCE engine that could be busy (grph, crtc,
transmitters, encoders, line buffers, etc.) and if a display path is
active, they are likely to be.  That said, the status of the DCE block
is generally not interesting for most things we use the idle callbacks
for.

Alex