Re: HDAudio and pulse audio

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 10:50:32 +0200,
rander.wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         I am working on sound open firmware in ASoC to enable HDAudio
> with pulse audio in ubuntu.
>         There is a HDAudio codec driver hdac_hda.c in ASoC, which
> invokes HDAudio functions defined
>         in sound/pci/hda, for ASoC to utilize the HDAudio codec. Now I
> get a issue: pulse audio can't  detect
>        headphone pluged or not.
>
>         Could anyone help to tell me about Jack detection flow in
> HDAudio and how does HDAudio
>         work with pulse audio ? Does HDAudio report a event to pulse
> audio when headphone detected ?
>        As I know,  ASoC codec driver would invoke snd_soc_jack_report
> to notify user mode, how about HDAudio
>        driver ?

PA only sees the "XXX Jack" ALSA control notification, IIRC.
And these controls are created by the HD-audio codec driver, and
driven by the HD-audio unsolicited events.

So first off, check whether the jack detection really works on your
chip by issuing the raw HD-audio verbs.  If it's properly detected,
check whether the unsolicited events are issued and processed.  Then
follow the code and see whether the "* Jack" control change is
invoked.

HTH,

Takashi