Re: Will we ever see a low latency/high performance PCM api for usb, firewire, avb ?

Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Any idea to improve the transfer method? The problem with the serial buses is
> that you have to queue usually more samples to avoid underruns.

When the ALSA buffer is not mmapped, it is possible to treat the contents of the
packet buffers as the ring buffer, i.e., to write the sample data directly into
the packets, ideally even after they have been queued.

Regards,
Clemens