A bug in the alsa project

*Hi. I think I found a bug in the ALSA project which doesn't seem to be kernel related, since it occurs with all kernels I've tried so far. It's about the area where one can select the output - Stereo, 2.1, 4.0 and so on. I have a 2.1 audio system - 2 speakers and a subwoofer (Microlab M-300U). If I choose 5.1 Analog Output, the subwoofer works great and the audio has great bass for music. However, if I choose anything else that is not 5.1 (that includes the output for my system - 2.1), the subwoofer stops working and the output sounds like I'm using cheap speakers for $1. This is part 1 of the bug. Part 2 is that when I'm watching movies using the 5.1 Output, some of the movie sounds are missing because ALSA transfers them to the non-existing speakers. It's also interesting that with 5.1 Analog Output listening to music (Audacious) the sound is perfect - no missing parts and stuff, the problem happens only when I'm watching movies. I tried different media players but it's the same with all of them.*

*If there's any additional information I could give you, such as hardware info, please let me know.*