Re: [v4,00/14] ASoC: Sound Open Firmware (SOF) core

Just for information... ST Microelectronics plans to port SOF to at
least one of its platforms (based on ARM cores). Today, for the
co-processor  management we use the rpmsg and remoteproc frameworks on
the Linux kernel side and OpenAMP on the remote processor side. We are
therefore interested in xiang's work.
An advantage we see in this generic solution is that compatibility
between the Linux kernel frameworks and the OpenAMP library is ensured
through discussions in the Linux and OpenAMP communities, involving
maintainers and several vendors.
Thanks Arnaud for sharing this information. You made my day.  We've had to deal with a number of hurdles related to platform and tools availability, so it's good news indeed if there are more platforms endorsing SOF.
This is a very good point, especially with people actually jumping on it
if we can avoid having multiple ABIs to worry about that would make life
a lot easier.  We should at least figure out if it will be disruptive to
adapt it later on, even if Intel ends up continuing to use a custom
system integration.
Yes indeed. At a high level we only have very generic send/receive IPC messages, and it really shouldn't matter how the transport happens. However the actual contents/semantics of the messages do matter, and I'll have to run a check to make sure it scales.