Re: Need help fixing pop/click artifacts in an ASOC driver

On 12/17/18 4:10 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 02:58:03PM +0200, Dimitris Papavasiliou wrote:

In general the clocks need to be switched during the hw_params
callback (when the new callback specifies a new sample rate,
which needs the other clock) and, as far as I can see, this can
happen at more or less any time, i.e. in all power states and
regardless of whether the device is opened or closed.

It shouldn't be called while the stream is running, if it is it'd be
entirely fine to just return an error.

It's not called while the stream is running, or at least I
haven't seen that happen.  It can be called though, while the
device is opened and fully powered up, for instance when
switching tracks during playback, where the next track has a
different sample rate.  This scenario is relatively frequent
during normal use of a DAC and can't be avoided, as far as I can
see.