Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for your reply.

On 2018/11/06 18:20, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
I have two concerns.

1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
updates.)

I think that we have limited choices:

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/

Oh, indeed. It's reasonable currently, but I continue to take care of
travis-ci action against the EOF.

2. Message for PR
In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
summary, like:

```
Takashi Sakamoto (3):
    aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
      aplay manual
    aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
    aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
      options

   aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
```

If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
handy to PR message.

Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:

https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent

The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.
Sounds good, but I don't mind to postpone the idea because this is not
so critical issue. Readers of posted issue can see diffstat in
github.com.

Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...

[1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto