Re: [RFC] ALSA: usb-audio: Add custom mixer status quirks for RME CC devices

The caching is currently enabled for all elements, but changing it
should be trivial.  The patch below adds is_volatile flag to the
element, and you can set it to true in the quirk somehow for uncached
controls.

This patch looks good and what I need! When trying to figure out where it is safe to set the volatile flag I thought that I could set it transparently in add_single_ctl_with_resume() in mixer_quirks.c based on the SNDRV_CTL_ELEM_ACCESS_VOLATILE flag in provided snd_kcontrol_new access-member. However, add_single_ctl_with_resume() is allocating just size of usb_mixer_elem_list unlike snd_create_std_mono_ctl_offset() which in turn is allocating full usb_mixer_elem_info size. However, the mixer code seems to be assuming that the item is always usb_mixer_elem_info instead of just list header item. Is this allocation behavior correct and is the item turned into usb_mixer_elem_info somewhere, or is this some kind of bug? So can I safely turn the allocation in add_single_ctl_with_resume() into zero initialized usb_mixer_elem_info instead and set the flag there while keeping correct behavior, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

	- Jussi