Re: ASoC: rt5640, rt5651 jack-detect and BYT SST suspend/resume patches / status update

Hi,

On 14-02-18 15:51, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:

Carlo or Pierre-Louis can one of you check using e.g.
the left + right speaker test in gnome-control-panel's
sound config-applet if that left only goes to the left
speaker and right only goes to the right speaker?

My bytcr-rt5651 tablet has only one speaker, but I
here sound for both the left and right speaker tests
which suggests some right-to-left mixing is happening
which we don't want on devices with stereo speakers.
Could be there is some mixing happening outside of the
codec on this tablet, still it would be good to test
this.

Just tested this and it works fine on my hardware.

Great, thank you.

Note I've seem the same magic mono mixing happening on a
CHT + rt5651 tablet I've also been testing on. It is weird
how the hardware seems to magically mix the left and
right channels to the mono speaker without explicitly
enabling that in the codec/mixer settings as one needs
to do for the rt5640 and rt5645. But hey if it works
it works :)

The rt5651 does not have a built-in amplifier, it provides a line out that is then fed into a discrete amplifier, the mixing could happen at that level too.

Yes I think that that is what is happening, thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Hans