Re: "alsactl store" fails to save Echo Gina3G mixer

On 08/29/2017 03:36 PM, Mark Hills wrote:
I think you're suffering the same problem I am with my Echo Layla 3G. Does
'echomixer' work?

Yes, 'echomixer' works fine for me. I have to launch it on occasion to properly set my audio output level (just launching it restores the correct level). I didn't have to do this in the past, so I'm guessing it's probably related to the problem with 'alsactl store' not working anymore for the card.

I have been intending to make a 'proper' report to the list, or even
investigate more myself. But priorities did not permit that yet. I also
wasn't able to find information on what these fields actually mean. As far
as I could tell, some of these attributes are unique to the echo3g and
echomixer.

Yeah, I've never seen a mixer quite like this one. Using 'alsamixer' to adjust my Echo3G is almost pointless, since it is impossible to tell what is what.

-~Chris