Detailed information about asoc framework

Hello Alsa developers!

I am developing an asoc driver for a hat sound card for a raspberry pi 3. It has a pcm5142 dac (which has already a codec driver in the linux kernel code) and a pcm1863 adc which isnt supported by the codec repo. Can I find detailed information about the asoc layer, the components and accesses from the os, in which order what builds up etc.

Right now I have a device tree overlay with 2 sound links and a minimal piece of code as the codec driver which even maps and shows (with aplay and arecord command) the soundcard as a capture and playback device. The overlay connects the codec driver through i2c.

Do you need more information? Hope you can help me with some sort of guides or explanations to better understand.

Oleksandr