Re: Cherry trail and Nau 88l24 codec

On 12/7/16 3:21 AM, Joseph Wang wrote:
Two new items:

1) The firmware time outs happen when I try to turn on all of the switches
in alsa mixer and set the volumes and gains of everything to 100%,  It
doesn't like that.

2) In pulseaudio, I'm only seeing the output device "Headphones".  Not sure
where this is getting set.

But it looks like things are working up until the mixer, and it's a matter
of finding the right magic configurations for those.

Don't try random settings and 100% volume, you're going to lose your hearing or speakers, or both.

start from the mixer values used here for the dsp
https://github.com/plbossart/UCM/blob/master/bytcr-rt5640/HiFi

remove everything related to rt5640 and add the modes for each input/output supported by your codec, starting from low volume until you find a setting that seems fine.

you really want to copy paste this directory and rename as needed, and copy the files in /usr/share/alsa/ucm.