Re: [RFC-PATCH 0/2] ASoC: simple_card: support for hw-params rules

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 08:26:41PM +0200, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> My opinion is that if the interdependence between the components in your
> system is non-trivial you should write a proper driver. Otherwise we'll end

Yes, I tend to agree - I've not looked at the actual patch yet but
there's a good, solid reason why we have explicit drivers for system
integration.  There is no value in pushing absoutely everything into DT,
at some point you just end up with something at least as complicated as
a real programming language with worse tooling.

> up with DT-script and replicate all the terrible things from the ACPI world
> where people ship completely horrendous and broken byte code in the firmware.

I think that's unfair, there are good solid reasons for having AML and
any interface is open to abuse.