Re: Wolfson 5102 on Beaglebone Black using ALSA

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 08:12:32AM -0700, Clark Dunson wrote:
> Thanks guys,
>
> Cannot thank you enough.  We’ll probably go at it from both
> angles, schedule is very tight.  We’ve worked with both the
> 3.18 cirrus branch, and 4.4 main line, would be so awesome if
> we could figure a way to write to the wm5102 regmap from user
> land.  (Busybox i2cset is from the stone ages).

You could use debugfs, if you looking in
drivers/base/regmap/regmap-debugfs.c and change the undef to
a define for REGMAP_ALLOW_WRITE_DEBUGFS. Then you can write
registers by echoing register value pairs to the the registers
file in debugfs. Be careful though this is only intended for
testing and as the define makes all regmaps writable from
user-space depending on your system that may let you do things
that damage hardware.

Thanks,
Charles