Re: [RFD] Add hw_params support for hostless stream BE DAIs

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:27:42PM +0530, Jeeja KP wrote:

> We discussed this and yes we are looking at ways to solve this longer
> term with DAPM but today DAPM doesn't help us in managing DMAs for our
> controller. I believe Vinod did discuss this limitation during ELC.
> We are starting this discussion internally and will try to solve
> this part.

We discussed using CODEC-CODEC links for this.  If you want to add DMA
operations to them then that's a simple matter of programming (which
IIRC we did discuss).

> Now for us to mange the internal sinks and source how should we go about
> modelling them in DAPM and provide hw_params for the configuration?

In the same way as anyone not doing it on a SoC does; at the minute that
means working out any settings that need configuration by looking at
what happens when the signal goes out onto an audio interface.  Ideally
we'd have a mechanism for propagating digital configuration along audio
paths.