Re: Compute Stick baytrail audio problem

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 11:25:25AM -0600, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:

> >>After some investigation, I found some problems on the driver and fixed a few of
> >>them. I pushed the fix to my github. I hope it might help you.
> >>   https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toyoabe/baytrailaudio/fix-underrun/hdmi_audio_20150319.patch
> >>
> >>Best Regards,
> >>-toyo
> >
> >Hi,
> >that was it!. I added your changes and now the audio works. I'm happy.
> >I got finally every subsystem of the Compute Stick working.
>
> If anyone is interested, I ported the code to v4.4, it seems to work
> on the Baytrail Compute stick w/ Ubuntu.
>
> https://github.com/plbossart/sound/commits/baytrail-stick-rebase-4.4
>
> Testers welcome, next steps are to add the CherryTrail parts, rebase
> to the drm-nightly-build branch and start talking upstream changes.

I tested your rebased code and it works for me. Actually I haven't
used a 4.4 kernel but a 4.1 (openSUSE 42.1). I made a diff between
kernel 4.4 and your branch and then applied that diff (with very minor changes)
to the 4.1 openSUSE kernel. No sound issue so far.

Giacomo